Fall Militia Muster
The dates for this event have already occurred, please check back again for new dates.
591 Horn in the West Drive, P.O. Box 295, Boone, NC 28607
- Dates: August 28, 2021
- Time: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Presented By: Southern Appalachian Historical Association
- Location: Hickory Ridge History Museum in the Daniel Boone Park
- Address: 591 Horn in the West Drive, P.O. Box 295, Boone, NC 28607
- Price: $10 for Adults, $7 for Kids 5 - 12
Travel to the Fall of 1776 as local militia forces are forming to protect their homes. See what a Militia Muster during the Revolutionary War would have looked like. Watch exciting demonstrations of period weapons and a military drill. Hear history presentations about who the militia were and what they did. Learn about the first battle fought in North Carolina during the Revolution: The Battle of Moore’s Creek Bridge.
This is perfect for students, families, history buffs, or people who would love to learn about our North Carolina history and heritage.
Contact: Marrena Greer
Phone: (828) 264-2120