River Snorkel on the Watauga
- Dates: June 5, 2021
- Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Presented By: MountainTrue
- Location: 321 Gorge Access
- Address: 2531 Old Watauga River Rd, Sugar Grove, NC 28679
- Price: $20 for MountainTrue Members; $30 For MountainTrue membership + Ticket
Join MountainTrue's High Country Water Quality Administrator, Hannah Woodburn, and take the plunge to explore the unique ecosystems of the Watauga River. Hannah is a graduate student at Appalachian State University in biochemical toxicity and is one of the leading experts on the Watauga and its ecology. She is intimately familiar with the area and the river ecosystem and is eager to help us find some smallmouth bass, black nose dace, rainbow and brown trout, and hopefully some tangerine darters! River snorkeling allows you an unparalleled viewpoint to explore all the nooks and crannies of your local river. By peeking under the water, you can find yourself swimming alongside darting fish or face-to-face with the tiny insect larvae that feed them. If you're lucky, you may even catch a glimpse of a Hellbender!