With the holidays finally here, get your wish list into Santa's hands now! Santa and Mrs. Claus (a.k.a. Sam and Julia Simmons) will make a fireside appearance in Beech Mountain all weekend. Sam and Julia are in this month's issue of Our State Magazine as part of a feature by Susan Stafford Kelly titled "Santa's Helpers," pp. 102-118; photography by Jerry Wolford and Scott Muthersbaugh. Sam is a retired dentist who has donned the Santa costume for many years. He and Julia also run a camp for children and their families coping with serious childhood medical issues, at Camp New Hope on the New River in nearby Ennice, N.C.
Santa Comes to Beech Mountain, Saturday and Sunday!
Santa and Mrs. Claus are coming to Beech Mountain this Saturday from 2-4 p.m. and Sunday from 1-3 p.m. Santa will visit with kids and their families by a crackling fire in the lobby of the 4 Seasons at Beech hotel, located on Beech Mountain. Bring your camera for photos and enjoy complimentary cookies & hot cocoa. A photographer will be on hand and photos will be for purchase later through Beech Mountain Resort's website.
Make your reservations now for the debut season of Tweetsie Christmas!
- Hop on a night-time train ride with a spectacular display of twinkling lights
- Meet and take photos with Santa in his Gingerbread House
- Experience a live Christmas Show
- Walk through a glistening tunnel of lights
- Roast your own s'mores around a fire
- Ride a magical Christmas Carousel
- Enjoy specialty holiday treats
- Have your family photo taken inside a life-size snow globe
- Sing along with Carolers
- Take in the sights of dazzling light displays and holiday decorations throughout the park
- Shop for the perfect Christmas tree to take home
Tickets are $38 per person (kids two and under are free), advanced tickets required.